Accurate measurement of production from a well is of paramount importance to oil and gas producers. Schneider
Electric's Realflo line of flow computers provide accurate measurement in a feature packed, easy to use, and extensible
package. As of version 6.91, Realflo has support for liquids measurement and batching. These new features, along with
the existing Realflo natural gas flow computer, provide a robust platform on which to build a full featured well testing
Although the latest version of Realflo has support for batch history and liquids flow measurement, there is no support for
changing the configuration of a flow run before starting a batch. This feature is necessary for multi-well pad testing, truck
loading, or numerous other use cases where the same instrumentation, piping and separation path is used to perform
measurement on different oil and gas product types.
The Well Test Application solves this problem, and others, to allow for well testing when using Realflo. Key features of the
Well Test Application include:
• Create a database of up to 32 different well tests. Each well test can contain up to 6 runs in any combination of
gas, liquid or water.
• Each run in a well test is highly configurable with its own purge time, oil density, water density, shrinkage
factors, gas composition and others.
• Save the configuration of the Well Test Application from one RTU and upload it to another RTU, greatly reducing
deployment time when configuring multiple RTUs.
• The Well Test Application can be fully configured and controlled from any HTML5 compliant web browser over
both ethernet and serial connections. Using a serial connection does require a terminal server (ethernet to
serial converter), however.
• Built on top of the Realflo measurement engine, which is API compliant. The Well Test Application does not
do any measurement calculations, it simply configures the core Realflo measurement engine as required and
presents the data generated by Realflo.
• Test results from the Well Test Application are available over Modbus, in SCADAPack Datalog format, and in
CSV format from the RTU’s file system.
• All test results and configuration are stored in non-volatile memory in the RTU, which means that no Well Test
Application configuration or data is lost during a power outage.
• Fully automatic mode where tests are started and accepted automatically. No user intervention or local HMI is
required in this mode.
• Easy integration with SCADA hosts, as all test control features and data is available over Modbus.
• Holds 128 accepted test results in non-volatile memory on the RTU. Holds around 64 kBytes of accepted test
results in .CSV format on disk on the RTU.
• Superb integration with Schneider Electric's ClearSCADA SCADA host software for a complete measurement
solution which can retrieve events, alarms, and all history to the SCADA host.
• Allows user ladder code in the RTU to start, stop, accept or reject well tests. User ladder code can also be
written for local site control.
Latest release version 1.014